Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Shapes

Now that Agnes has claimed her throne as Ruler of All Household Creatures, she's taken to sprawling out on the sofa cushions, where she holds court, accepting belly rubs and chin scritches, as she pleases. I have made mention that she resembles an otter when she's on her back and she still permits me to shower her with adoration. Here she is keeping a close eye on her brother who was about to insert himself into the scene.

Sept_29_AG_4


I hope Henry will forgive this slightly unflattering perspective, but his body position reminds me of a bubble bath bottle from my childhood. I also like it because the past few evenings I've come home to see him peering down at me from that window as I pull into the driveway.

Sept_29_Hen_1

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it when my kitties look out the window when I pull in my driveway! Right now I have the windows open so when I come home they meow out the window to me.

Anonymous said...

The other Pettibone tortie, Rosalie, also seems to rule the household. Must be the tortie/otter gene!

Henry is such a little sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

Hi Victoria,

Have you seen your cats' appearance here?
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/10/stop-insanity.html

Tazzy The Cat said...

Awe, cute cats!

dale-harriet said...

Just found your babies' blog and went back to reread from the first day.......I don't know that I could have believed it, but your pictures and text are easily as endearing as Laurie's. It's quite clear that you and Ian are continuing the tender adoration the babies had at the hands of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee; thank you for all of it!

Cal said...

I swear--Agnes is truly one of the prettiest cats I have ever seen!

Doodle Bean said...

Such happy kittehs! Ah!

Just so you know, Laurie has postcards of the Pettibones, including your two (and when Henry was Carmine...).

It's great to see them as itteh bitteh kittehs!

Wish on a Whisker said...

~I adore your sweet kitties! I am a kitty person too! ~Mandy

Mari said...

It took me a while to figure out what this photo of Henry reminded me of, but I finally figured it out: with the flowing curving lines he's a perfect Art Nouveau cat!

And the tail is the dot over i, it is lovely!