Friday, November 14, 2008

Henry T. Pettibone - Guilty as Charged

Name: Henry T. Pettibone (a.k.a., The Butterscotch Kid)

Statement:
What do you expect? I'm a teenager. I can't help what I do. That's why I am defiantly and repeatedly hopping onto the kitchen counter, opening and crawling into the cupboards, eating my way through a second phone charger cord, and coming back to kill the toilet paper after being gently redirected by my humans.

I also confess that I'm skilled at charming those around me with the powers of my cuteness. I've got a purr that won't stop and with a mug like this, who could resist?

I'm rebel and a lover. Who doesn't love a 'Bad Boy'? I've got them wrapped around my tail.


Nov10_HEN_1

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding the cupboards -- I recommend baby locks ( any cheap ones will suffice) particularly for those cabinets housing any cleaning products (or ones you'd prefer remain fur free). Just a spritz from a water bottle when you catch dear Henry T. on the counters might help--or at least diminish those romps. As for TP -- that's just funny!

Anonymous said...

Some people recommend empty soda bottles with pennies in them - leave a few of those, and they startle the cat when he or she is doing Forbidden Jumping. After a few startles, they won't like it as much anymore.

But oh! That mug! Who can discipline someone that kissable?

Julie said...

Oh Henry, you are too much!

Puglette said...

what a face! You can just see the mischief in his eyes. He's planning his next advenure.
Hugs,
Puglette
:o)

Anonymous said...

So, I don't see what he's doing wrong......

AnnF said...

He's definitely got an attitude that's All Marmie, All the Time.

dale-harriet said...

Oh, come on, look at that face! Mr. Pettibone, surely you won't be doing any of these mischievous things in the future, right? SEE? He says he won't, and if that face can't be trusted why then, it's all over. (Pet stores sell two-sided sticky tape; a piece of that on the edge of the counter where they land is said to be a great deterrent...I can't say, because even though I have some,I keep forgetting to put it on the counter where Lilliane ("I would never do such a thing") tends to land.........) If you try it before I do, please to report; if I DO remember to put it on, *I* will report. Deal?

Anonymous said...

Water bottle works best. We had an ornage dude who also ran amuk killing things he thought needed to be destroyed. He liked the computer cables best. You can add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to the bottle so that when Henry cleans his futr he gets a nasty taste. Good luck!

karen said...

Our last cat had a fondness for unrolling toilet paper rolls. The trick we found to prevent this was to load the toilet paper so it unrolled from the back rather than the front; worked a treat!

I love your blog and am very much enjoying the tales of Agnes and Henry, and look forward to reading about their latest adventures :D