All content on this site is copyright of Victoria Roos and may not be used without permission.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Chew-Chew-Chew on You
More photos soon. Young Sir Henry chewed through the USB cord used for my camera, despite my assumption that I had cleverly tucked it away from his little teeth. I need to buy a new one.
It might be hard to find an actual USB cable for your camera as different camera models tend to have different USB ports. It will probably be easier to buy a card reader for the type of memory card that your camera uses. They're not too expensive and transfer the pictures to the computer faster and do not use the camera's battery power to do so.
I'm lucky that mine doesn't like cords. He does however like to use my hair bands as dental floss. He puts his paw in the loop, grabs with his teeth & pulls. Then re-adjusts & pulls again.
He will paw at my head to get the one holding my ponytail.
(I don't let him play with them unsupervised ..I know they can be dangerous if he swallows one)
Oh Henry, you rotten little boy! You'd get along swimmingly with my Manny and Carrot (who enjoy nibbling plastic bags and rubber bands, respectively). Must be in the blond kitty genes...
Dear Sir Henry's mum: Bitter Apple. That's some stuff you can put on cords, &c, which - if tasted by cats, makes them go "Ewww". (Or so I'm told.) I WOULD discourage cord-chewing though. I'm old, and this not happen for real, but I worry about Nasty Electricity flowing through any kind o' cord and hurting kitties. (Confession: my dear old aunt, of blessed memory, used to believe you had to cover outlets because the electricity "poured out of the holes right onto the floor" and walking past them with wet feet was a sure electrocution. Just sayin'....)
This is exactly why "Orange Kitties Rock"! They have the purrfect combination of naughtiness and innocence :) Or at least that's what my Bino tries to tell me every time he causes trouble and gets away with it :)
Oh, Sir Henry, I do miss viewing updates on you and your sister. When Victoria replaces that cable, you be a good boy and leave it alone. Your adoring fans miss you and Agnes. Happy Thanksgiving! Will Victoria be giving you a little treat from her feast?
I was thinking that maybe Victoria was brave enough to go out on this crazy shopping day to get a cord, but she's a wise woman, and we'll have to tap our toes and wait. Tap Tap Tap
15 comments:
tee-hee
It might be hard to find an actual USB cable for your camera as different camera models tend to have different USB ports. It will probably be easier to buy a card reader for the type of memory card that your camera uses. They're not too expensive and transfer the pictures to the computer faster and do not use the camera's battery power to do so.
my hubby's lost a least 10 sets of headphones to this same reason. I can't train the cats to stop chewing or the husband to pick up his stuff... :)
or my husband to pick up his stuff.
LOL!
I'm lucky that mine doesn't like cords. He does however like to use my hair bands as dental floss. He puts his paw in the loop, grabs with his teeth & pulls. Then re-adjusts & pulls again.
He will paw at my head to get the one holding my ponytail.
(I don't let him play with them unsupervised ..I know they can be dangerous if he swallows one)
Oh Henry, you rotten little boy! You'd get along swimmingly with my Manny and Carrot (who enjoy nibbling plastic bags and rubber bands, respectively). Must be in the blond kitty genes...
Dear Sir Henry's mum: Bitter Apple. That's some stuff you can put on cords, &c, which - if tasted by cats, makes them go "Ewww". (Or so I'm told.) I WOULD discourage cord-chewing though. I'm old, and this not happen for real, but I worry about Nasty Electricity flowing through any kind o' cord and hurting kitties. (Confession: my dear old aunt, of blessed memory, used to believe you had to cover outlets because the electricity "poured out of the holes right onto the floor" and walking past them with wet feet was a sure electrocution. Just sayin'....)
"Guilty as Charged" indeed!
This is exactly why "Orange Kitties Rock"! They have the purrfect combination of naughtiness and innocence :) Or at least that's what my Bino tries to tell me every time he causes trouble and gets away with it :)
Total empathy here on the cord chewing. My Orange boy has a cord addiction, and a built in radar to find cords no matter how cleverly hidden.
I'd have been totally surprised if sweet Henry that Orange flash of pure kitten wonderfulness didn't have the same addiction!
Dear little Henry, please don't chew the camera cord... we want to see the pictures!
Some folks will stop at nothing to balk the paparazzi!
Oh, Sir Henry, I do miss viewing updates on you and your sister. When Victoria replaces that cable, you be a good boy and leave it alone. Your adoring fans miss you and Agnes. Happy Thanksgiving! Will Victoria be giving you a little treat from her feast?
We miss you!
I was thinking that maybe Victoria was brave enough to go out on this crazy shopping day to get a cord, but she's a wise woman, and we'll have to tap our toes and wait. Tap Tap Tap
tap tap tap...
Post a Comment