Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Anticipation

I exchanged emails with Foster cat mom Laurie today. She was taking the kittens in this afternoon for some shots and to be microchipped. She posted the cutest pictures of Henry being a bed hog in the comfy basket he was sharing with his sister, Renatta.

She also told me how Agnes managed to get herself trapped in the lining of their sofa last night and had to be rescued. Poor dear. We're trying to anticipate potential kitten hazards in our house, but I plan on working from home a day or two after they arrive, so I can keep an eye on them.

I hope their check-up and chipping went well. Suddenly, I have more sympathy for expectant/adopting mothers. Whereas Tibet was more of a life partner or a gay best friend, these two feel more like my new kids and I can't wait to have two little fuzzy babies to care for.

1 comment:

Red said...

Haha, I love that you describe Tibet as a "gay best friend"... that is lovely. :)