The kids are well, growing longer by the day. It's hard to move when they have me pinned under the covers. We need to weigh them, but I suspect they're pushing the 10lb mark in this. They're 9th months old!
Henry walks around chirping a lot of the time. He sounds like a living squeak toy. We're trying to find a way to get moving footage of his high flying jumps. It's impressive how much spring he has in those lanky legs.
Agnes has decided that her favorite new toy can be found in an endless supply courtesy of the bowl of un-shelled nuts on the coffee table. Walnuts are the best, but she's enjoying knocking the almonds around, too. Needless to say, we're finding them in numerous and strange places. At least she's not bored, right?
9 comments:
My Step-dad had a cat with a fondness for hazelnuts. Enough of a need to bat them around that when they moved, we found alomst a full pound of nuts behind the bookcase.
Just LOOK how big and beautiful they are! I see you've fallen into the mindset of people-owned-by-cats: "I'd get up off the couch to go get a cup of tea -- but I'd have to displace the sleeping cats, and that just won't do!" (I'm fierce guilty of this, only disturbing them when *nature calls* and I can do naught else. But clearly the babies chose wisely when they chose you!
I've missed seeing your beautiful kiddos!!!
Patti in KY
LOL, I am the same too - I hate to disturb a sleeping kitty. I love the description of Henry chirping. My little girl cat Ginger does the same thing, it's so cute. Especially when she jumps down from something and makes a squeak, like a squeaky toy. You have two beautiful kitties, or they have you!
Wow, 10 lbs and growing...seems like yesterday when they were just teeny tiny itty bitties...they are such beautiful kitties.
Now on the subject of disturbing sleeping cats, especially if they've deigned to sleep on top of you, I agree that it's an absolute no-no! Never mind that they don't extend the same courtesy when we're sleeping, but hey, that's why they're the boss and we're...well, we're just the servants with opposable thumbs.
Gotta have those opposable thumbs or we're not much good to them.
I'll stay in an uncomfortable sleeping position if I think getting comfy will disturb my kitties.
Ah, yes, well-trained human staff know that nothing is to disturb the sleeping cat.
A friend of mine makes sure that she has everything she needs within reach before she sits down, knowing that her cat will settle down.
Your beautiful cats look so soft and warm, I believe even somebody without proper cat training wouldn't want to get up!
They are sp sweet! Our seattle kittens are about 8 months now and we think they are about 13 pounds each (at least 12). We think they're going to be 18 lb adults, when they finally fill out!
They are so heavy that when I'm in my reading chair with my legs tucked under me, and a blanket, I can usually manage 1 for a half hour on top of me. When they both jump on me, then I can barely handle it for 5 minutes! Then I feel bad whenI have to move because my legs are falling asleep or they get twitchy.
Nice to see you back posting!
soo...much...flooooooof!
Post a Comment