Henry is experiencing a new round of naughty. We've had to build a wall of paper towels to keep from getting behind the fridge. When we shoo him away from something, he goes and attacks something else or hops up on the counter in defiance. The squirt bottle works, but it doesn't stop him from giving us the "kitty finger" when he's feeling his oats. It's pretty amusing and he's so damn sweet and cute that it makes his 'naughtiness' more a source of entertainment than frustration.
His latest trick has been hopping up on the buffet at night and turning on the little stereo. One night it was the radio. Another night he hit 'play' and turned on a CD. It's a little disconcerting to awaken suddenly to the sounds of Tom Waits and Sigur Ros coming from the other room loudly. Getting up to turn off the stereo, I've been met by two guilty looking kittens; an orange one on the buffet and a tortie on the floor nearby.

Agnes was my shadow this weekend. She took advantage of Henry's multiple naps and glued herself to me. It was some good kitty loving! She's such a sweet girl.


9 comments:
The "kitty finger." What a perfect description.
My husband's big thing is that he really doesn't want our cat up on the dining room table. Well, who does, but what are you going to do?
One night, when she jumped up on the table, he stood up and said in a firm loud voice "Off. The. Table." She put her ears back but did jump off. He turned to me and said, "See? You can train a cat."
After dinner, he went into the living room. The cat came, jumped up onto HIS place mat, and proceeded to roll around, rake her paws across it, etc. Then she looked over at me, blinked her eyes lazily, and purred very loudly.
They always get even. Always.
I love it! "The kitty finger." Don't they just.
They also have all of the different possible inflections of the finger, from a bored token to a really peeved one.
Oh, gotta love those orange boys...there's just something about them...enough naughtiness mixed in with so much cuteness to make them just that much more entertaining and lovable...our orange boy, Bino, is always breaking all the "house rules" and getting himself into some sort of trouble but he's so cute that we can't get annoyed at him.
Of course Agnes is probably the brains behind the operation...egging Henry on...betting that he can't climb the buffet or turn on the stereo around 2 am...and then standing by and smiling innocently when he gets into trouble :)
I've never noticed Agnes' tail light before. She's so beautiful.
Henry has his James Dean on!
I think I have a thing for tails - I love it how the tails are stretching out in the first photos. The sun really brought out the most beautiful hues of your kids' coats!
I swear, Henry has the best profile EV-UH!
Oh my gosh...that is too funny! I don't know what I'll do if Ebbie figures out the radio or tv. Funny that you said Agnes has been like glue; I was gone almost every evening last week and then spent all day Saturday at home lounging and I told a fried that I was going to change her name to Glue! Ha :)
My little Chloe, who is a torbie, as a light tip at the end of her tail too, it's just too cute!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30189707&l=ff07e&id=135600211
Post a Comment