Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Miss Agnes


Agnes_July_7
Originally uploaded by Cloudstomp

Miss Agnes Pettibone is such a darling girl. She is delicate and seems dainty despite being a large cat. She's long, lanky and nearly 12.5 lbs of fur covered muscle. We joke that her paws are almost the same size as my hands.

Where Henry chirps, Agnes clucks and has a few long, loud vocal phrases. She's a talker! Always on the bug hunt, her 'ack-ack' sounds burst out of her, seemingly beyond her control. I like to hold her up when there is a spider on the wall just to watch her outburst.

Agnes still enjoys a nice pillow, but the table in her turf. She rolls around and has a endless supply of affection to give along with the occasional nip in the midst of a love frenzy.

Unlike her brother, she doesn't misbehave. She may be putting thoughts in his head, but she's usually standing by watching him get into mischief. She holds her own though and chases, pounces on, and pops Henry with those meaty paws when he has it coming.

One of her many nicknames is 'Waggles' because she walks with waggle in her backside that is accompanied by a curl at the top of her long tail that waves around and she walks.

She's truly a delight.

7 comments:

Hyacinth said...

Oh sweet little Agnes...she is such a cutie! Love this photo of her, all long and lanky and stretched out on the table :) Cracked me up when I read that she "pops Henry" with her "meaty paws" :) Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should put a pillow on the table??? That would be pure heaven for Agnes!!!

Marlene said...

oh Miss Agnes, you a so adorable! I love how you put thoughts into dear Henry's head. ;)

kleinwort said...

Oh, I love the ack-ack-acks... Winnie does that, too, when she's excited. Hmmmm... first Henry with the cords, now Agnes with the ack-acks... if she wasn't alive and well I'd say Winnie was trying to channel through them... LOL!
Lisa

Ducky said...

!! I like Agnes a lot. I remember when you wrote about how open she is, and I thought how wonderful it must be to know and love her. Very nice little post, indeed.

Anne Boleyn said...

We think kitties that walk like Agnes does look like cool guys walking in tight jeans.

Anonymous said...

Strong muscular looking shoulder too!