Saturday, February 7, 2009

Henry's Day Out

My orange buddy had to go visit Dr. B today. He has a little kitty Pink-Eye and an ear infection. Nothing major, thankfully!

Jan_18_Hen_5

He did well in the car, but was definitely a little stressed. When we got home, Agnes became fascinated with him, circling him, sniffing him, and hissing repeatedly.

After a nap, Henry curled up on me, then started biting me toes. Back to normal..

He dislikes the ear drops, doesn't seem to mind the eye drops, and enjoyed the chicken treats. He and Agnes are buddies again.

We've had some high-flying ping-pong ball chasing from both of them, although Agnes seems a little more spazzy than usual. It's pretty cute.

I'm happy I can help the Butterscotch Kid feel better and he'll be happy to know that he shouldn't have to go back to vet until August when it's booster shot time.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby boy!But he's a lucky guy to be so well cared for and Agnes is good to let him back in the fold even when he smells like the hospital.
Feel better soon little buddy.

Anonymous said...

A good tip I learned to reduce the sniffing/hissing when one kitten returns from the doctor's... before you leave, rub a towel on the kitten -- to get his scent on the towel. When you return, rub him with the towel again -- to put his scent back on and to reduce the scent of the hospital (and any other kittens). It helps reduce the stress!

Good luck and thanks for the blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it was nothing serious and that he's on the mend.

I have to tell you a brief story. When my kitty came home from spending a week at the vet, she had barely made it in the door and into her favorite LARGE basket, when her three 'sisters' piled in with her and started purring like mad.

They didn't care a whit that she smelled like the hospital; they had missed her and just wanted to snuggle.

I love them for that. I love them for lots of reasons.

Anonymous said...

I bring my bonded pair of rabbits to the vet together, because otherwise the weird smells on the one bunny could cause them to divorce.

This way, they both smell somewhat the same.

Hyacinth said...

What a brave little boy...kisses for his little ears and eyes and hope he feels better soon...

AnnF said...

Aw, brave little marmie man.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon, Henry!

Patti in KY

dale-harriet said...

It's true, they always dislike the doctorsmell on their siblings - Evangeline makes a great show of hissing and stomping when Lil has been. But it doesn't last long - and I'm glad he's doing better too! We're having "warm" days and real sunshine here too, and the cats can always be found in the biggest pools. If it gets up to 50 today (we're told it might!) I'm going to open the window for them, for a little while. You can almost hear those noses vibrate when they can sniff the Big Outdoors!

Anonymous said...

Poor little bean! My cat, also named Henry, had some ear troubles not so long ago, and he hated the ear drops, too. I wish there was a better way to get the drops in his ears, because he gets very fussy, and I don't want to hurt him. I'm glad your Henry is otherwise healthy! He and his sister are adorable, I love seeing what they get up to!

Anonymous said...

Needing me an update on ears and kitties in general.