Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Almost New Years Eve

I've been on vacation for nearly two weeks, so I've been spending a lot of time with the kittens. I can't get over how quickly they're becoming cats.

Xmas2008_KIDS_1


We spend a lot of time playing with ping-pong balls. Agnes likes to chatter and chase them, while Henry is all about the vertical leap. I'd swear he's jumping 4 feet straight up in the air. It's impressive! He's also taken to jumping on to my tall dresser and then sitting on top of the television that is on the dresser top. He's into height.

Agnes is as sweet as ever and I'm constantly touched by her openness, which sounds totally bonkers, but I can't think of how better to describe it. She's very expressive and seems to be a happy little girl. She's moved from sleeping on my pillow, to sleeping next to me with her head on the pillow. I love it!

Xmas2008_AG_4

Henry took a break, but is back to sleeping between Ian and I. I'm pleased to report that he's also returned to rushing in to sit on me and purr in the morning after he's had his breakfast.


I'm looking forward to the continued joy these two will bring us in the new year. I've found myself saying a lot lately that cats make everything better and that, my friends, is the truth.
Xmas2008_KIDS_2

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Agnes sitting on a plate in the first picture? If so, I'd like to order one of those please. These are wonderful pictures that are perfect with your delicious writing.
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I love your sweetpeas! I made this comment awhile back, but I am so glad that you found it in your heart to love again.

Happy New Year!

Patti in KY

Anonymous said...

Henry sounds like he's a card-carrying member of the society of the Airborne Cats. See Tokyo photographer Junku's photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/junku/sets/303691/ to see what I mean. Junku has not been taking any new Airborne Cats pictures lately, because he not only has two new kittens in the house, but also a baby of his own. Check the main photostream for pictures of the newcomers.

Love seeing your beautiful photos of these cats growing up.

Anonymous said...

Is that a new collar on Henry? It looks so ivy league.

Your kitties are not only sweet and precious, they are gorgeous beyond words. They have a certain exotic quality - I can't quite put my finger on it.

Thank you for continuing to share them with us. Each new post is a reminder of how good people in this world are doing good things for the animals. And vice versa.

The best of the new year to your family. Happiness, health and peace.

AnnF said...

They are gorgeous! They look so sleek and sinuous and contented with their lot in life (as well they should!).

Happy New Year to you and yours, and to all who follow your adorable cats' lives on this blog. Thanks again for sharing with us.

Puglette said...

i totally agree, pets are just the best. that total love you get from them is awesome! they are also the funniest friends i have ever had.
happy new year,
puglette
:o)

Martin Hooper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Martin Hooper said...

Agnes is such a lovely lady cat!

Love her colours...

Happy New Year you two!!

Hyacinth said...

Oh they are just so beautiful...both Agnes and Henry just have something about them that makes them so utterly elegant and gorgeous. Happy New Year to all and here's to another year filled with purrs and hugs from our furry friends.

dale-harriet said...

All true, and I agree with whatever famous author it was (I disremember who) that declared that a cat is the soul of a home. They do indeed add a layer of comfort....and let me, too, add my thanks to you for sharing their growing-up with all of us who loved them when they were in Chez Charlene!

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how quickly they have grown - almost as quickly as they worked their way into your heart.
It is great to see them so happy and contented. Here's loking forward to all their adventures in 2009!