Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Kids Say "Hi"

The kids say 'Hi' to you all.

We've had a busy couple of days and I haven't had time to offload the new pictures from my camera.

Our Pettibones are doing well, getting bigger and more adventurous everyday. I couldn't love or enjoy them more. Henry is testing out his jumping skills, so we've seen a lot of sideways hopping and pouncing. Agnes likes stalking and keeps an eye on her brother, often times laying in wait. Anytime I crinkle the mylar ball Henry will appear at my feet immediately, ready for some kitty soccer. Agnes loves sitting on the bottom shelf of the cart in the kitchen and pouncing on her brother, and of course, her pillow.

They are both very cuddley when they aren't tearing around and the purring comes easy and often.

Day2_Agnes_nap2

They went to the vet for their checkup yesterday. Doc says they look really good, but sent us home with a dose of something to take care of a stomach parasite 'just in case'. They go back in a week and half for their booster shots. Agnes did better in the car this time and Henry was as cool as Fonzie. They made a good impression on everyone at the Clinic.

Day3_Henry1

I had a moment in the exam room when I realized that I hadn't been in that room since the day Tibet passed away. Our vet, who I haven't seen in almost two years, remembered both Tibet and I by name, and said she was very happy to meet the new kiddos.

I had a glass of wine and little cry when I got home. Agnes came over and purred next me, Henry came over and chewed on my hand. I love these kitties, so very much.

Ian is working in Los Angeles until Thursday night, so it's just me with little ones. We're having a good time, but look forward to his return.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{Hugs}}} It doesn't matter how long ago - we still miss our kitties who've gone over the rainbow bridge. I'm so glad you have Agnes & Henry to cheer you! They are such loving bundles of joy!

AnnF said...

It's wonderful that Agnes and Henry are settling in and even getting used to the car. Thanks so much for sharing their news with us.

While it's terrible to lose a cat friend as you did with Tiber, I'm glad that you had your new friends to help cheer you up.

Anonymous said...

Aww, isn't it wonderful how comforting cats can be when you're blue? They just seem to know, even when they're only youngins, like these two.

PB 'n J said...

Even two years can seem like yesterday when you miss someone, but it's wonderful that you had the two new fluff-balls to cheer you!

Lori said...

I am sooo glad they cheer you - and I know how easy it is to fall in love with new kitties!!!I can't believe how quick we were attached to ours.

and look how soon they got to know you to come and comfort you like that!!!! awwwwwww

Anonymous said...

a sweet, touching, happy story. thank you.

Anne Boleyn said...

It gives me chill bumps to read what you say about these babies. Every now and then I call Potter "Froder" by mistake because he has done the best job of filling that hole in my heart. Froder was a pretty big fluffy DOG that I loved way too much, and I have two dear little dogs now, but Potter is sort of Froder to me. Beatrix I love because she is such a fine woman of a cat!
They are all blessings.

Melissa said...

Awwwh. They really are sweet things. I'm glad you four have eachother - give those kittens lots of snuggles for all of us fangirls and -boys!

Anonymous said...

Agnes and Henry aren't replacements, but their own little bundles of joy and love, and you were wise to wait until you weren't replacing a much loved companion but filling a new space in your heart for these two. Their personalities (catonalities?) will be their own, and your love for them will be unique.

Ducky said...

You write about all three babies with such warmth. I feel for you, and feel my own loss - now a year and a half ago. I'm glad you have adopted your new sweet babies. You seem to be a wonderful papa.